The Parent Council is a entity made up of parent volunteers who assist the University’s New Student & Family Programs team and the Executive Committee, in putting on events and fulfilling the Parent Association and University mission. As our Parent Association grows and our role expands at the University, we need more parent volunteers to ensure we are able to fulfill the numerous requests we receive to support our growing University family and our increasing number of activities. Activities such as:
- Move-In at the Residence Halls, our Parent Welcome Luau, and supporting New Student Welcome with President Pershing.
- Fall Parent & Family Weekend, including our jointly sponsored Homecoming Tailgate Party with the Alumni Association.
- Moms & Dads Nights (meals and a campus event), throughout the school year.
- Supporting a number of recruiting events in late fall and early spring for students (and parents) interested in entering the U.
- Spring Career & Jobs Fair events (either by supporting your companies' booth at the fair or helping to sponsor an internship through your company).
- Emailing and Calling Campaigns congratulating parents of newly admitted students in the spring.
- Parent & Family and New Student Orientations - speaking with parents of incoming Utah students in the summer.
If you are interested in joining the Parent Council and/or volunteering to staff any of these events, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Parent Council in the subject line, or by calling the Center for New Student & Family Programs at 801-585-1141.